FIRST TIME AT THE MARKET!

I have a secret. I have spent the summer making the paperwork so that I could sell my soap. In the EU it is not that simple because the production of cosmetics is under licence. I had to find a safety assessor and then the government officials needed to judge if she was qualified or not. Everything turned out ok and I now have a licence!



I had my first market sale last weekend and another on Thursday. They were little community markets that had small sections for crafts. At the first market there were only three of us at the crafts section. At the second market, there were about dozen or so. Yes, that is me in the picture wearing a down jacket in August!! Oh my, I really have the highest respect to people who do markets every weekend. It was really really cold.

During those two days I sold about 150 bars of soap. I don't have the experience to judge if that was a good or a poor result but it was nice to see so many people interested in my soaps. Anyhow it was fun to meet different people and other sellers who were really friendly and helpful.

Comments

  1. Wow, I think that is really great result. I haven't done anything like that, but have thought about it. Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, congratulations. I have a secret wish to sell my soaps at the markets, too. Seeing your success gives me courage. I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Heidi!!! Is a very good sale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! That's so exciting and rewarding, isn't it? Just think of all the folks whose skin feel better TODAY because of YOU! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That sounds like a SUPER result. 150 soaps? Congratulations! I am trying to understand and gather all the necessary information to be able to produce and sell soap legally in Spain... and so far it is very vague... there does not seem to be a difference between industrial and artesenal production in other words small business versus big factory production. I am only in the research phase right now but I would be SOOOOO greatful if you would tell me about the proper way to produce and sell soaps legall in Finland. I am going to gather the process from various countries. My email is jenorasoaps@yahoo.com Thank you. xo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! congratulations, that is fantasic. I so wish I could sell that many:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your soaps look fantastic & congratulations on getting your licence.

    Too bad you had to wear a jacket in August.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment